What are the rights of girl child in family property

We have 3 acres of land and we are 3 sibling 2 bother and 1 sister property is under my father and mother three months before my father died and now my elder brother is going for partition without giving anything for me (I am the sister ) what should I do in this case ?

Answers (3)

243 votes

You need to approach the civil court filing a civil suit for the share of your property.your brother can't take away your share without your consent.ypi need to consult a lawyer as soon as possible inorder to raise your demand

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

281 votes

What do you mean by "property is under my father and mother" ? the question to whom the property belongs? If the property belonged to your father and he had died intestate (ie. without making a will) the property is jointly vested in all the siblings and the mother. You have a rightful share in the property

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
253 votes

You file case for partition and obtain your share in the property.I can assure you that you will get your share...........................................................................................

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles