What are the rights of a mother to transfer self acquired property?

My mummy who has purchased a flat with her own money and now wants to transfer it to her daughter. But my brother is fighting for the house and also instigating my sisterinlaw who is a widow to fight for the flat. my mom want to transfer the flat to me. i need help to know if she transfers the flat to me can my brother and sisterinlaw claim or fight for the flat later. my brother has a lot of money and is troubling and threatening us a lot and say he will show his money power. please help me can he possible claim for it later.

Answers (2)

210 votes

if that flat is purchased by your mother then she can transfer anyone without any problem if she wants to transfer you then just do one thing make a gift deed in your favor by your mother then it can be transfer easily

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

253 votes

As per your query

Your mother has every right to transfer the flat in the of the person she wishes to. Your brother and sister in law cannot force her to transfer the same their name or object her decision. In case your brother or sister in law are forcefully claiming their share your mother can file police complaint to the concerned police station.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles