Want to transfer property on parents name not present in India

hello is there a way for NRI to transfer property to parents while not present in India.

Answers (3)

178 votes

Dear client
One can also transfer the property belonging to himself to any other person without being present in india. Such transfer can be made by way of power of attorney in favour of some trustworthy person

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

294 votes

The property which stand in your name should be located in India, then as per the transfer of property act, 1882 you can transfer the said property in the name of your parents as per your desire and in that case state law also be applicable for transfer of the property in the family.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
297 votes

A Nri can transfer the property without coming to India through a GPA, it must be registered and verified by the ambassay. Through that GPA, a GPA holder can transfer the property to anyone. For further discussion you can contact me.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles