Want to disown sister from self acquired property what procedure

Sister turned 18 in January. Now the girl ran away and married with a boy who is 24 years old. When we spoke to the girl she said she is happy in her married life and now don't want anything. But we are afraid that the boy married the girl just because of property. Now father of the girl wants to bedakhal sister from the self acquired property. What are the steps we need to take?

Answers (3)

155 votes


You do not need to disown your daughter in a self acquired property from your own income. A daughter will only have a right over ancestral property as a coparcener. Since it is your self acquired property you can just get you will drafted by an expert and get it registered before the office of the sub registrar and after your demise only the beneficiaries in your will would have right to the property.



Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

298 votes

For disowned to your sister you have to publish it in local news paper through advocate there after send a notice to your sister informing that you have sevear your relationship from her.
Thanks and regards

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
339 votes

The appropriate proecdure would be to have the disowning notified in a newspaper under the letter head of an advocate. There is a set and standard format which is to be used and published. It is alwys best to have it published in one english and one hindi newspaper which is widely circulated

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles