uncle bought plot through GPA. Can he now register it in name of son?

sir,My uncle has paid 6lakhs while purchasing plot in 1995. The vendor gave GPA to sell a particular plot. Now he is planning to register that plot. Questions are : 1) Can my uncle go ahead and register this on the name of his son? 2) Do we need sign of the person who gave the GPA to my uncle during registration time ? 3) If my uncle registers on the name of his son, do we need to mention the sale consideration, because since its between father and son, there will not be any cash exchange? 4) Would it be legal sale if no money consideration is mentioned?

Answers (2)

146 votes

You need to bring in actual owner to get registered your sale deed. Alternatively register the Gpa now and then transfer it to his . Either ways you need to pay complete charges. In the first instance you can save registration charge.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

118 votes

Hi sir/madam, if your uncles has all the revenue records in his name in respect of property through GPA, if yes, he has to give by way of executed a registered Gift Deed, it will very cheap and legal and it will be very safe in legally. If not the said vendor/GPA executant is present before the sub-registrar as consent witness to the said sale transactions, you should mentioned the sale consideration.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles