two sale deeds of same property

i purchased a flat in punjab, got registeration of property also. later after 2 year i came to know that the seller had earlier sale deed with some other person also. and the second party had filed a case in court against him. What should i do now, as there is stay order on selling the property on my property mutation.

Answers (3)

181 votes

Dear client ' in your case you are bonafide purchaser of property.if third party already have impleaded u as a party in that case then you have to prove your bonafide in civil court if third party failed to implead you as party in that case than you should move to court and you may become a party in that case stay matter shall be decided by the civil court on marite after hearing the parties.beside this you may file criminal comlaint against the seller of property

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

344 votes

you should file an application to SSP of that district regarding this, and SSP will register a FIR against the accused and your matter can be solved. If police denies to do so. You can file a criminal complaint against the accused.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
103 votes

The caveat emptor principle applicable i.e buyer beware. You should have enquired about title of seller. Case of cheating made out. Lodge FIR, and also file suit for recovery and in recovery too, you will be hopefully getting price mentioned in sale deed not market price

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles