transfer of property in my fathers own name on documents

sir i live in dda flat trilokpuri delhi east. the pr operty was allotted in the name of my grand father .after passing my grand father in the year 2006. since the property is not being transfered from my grandfather to my father name. we are depositing all house tax bills and electricity bill in my grand fathers name. now we want to reconstrcut the property and want to take a home loan from bank. now the problem is property must be transfred in my fathers name. please tell me the process where and how can i transfer the property in my fathers name?

Answers (2)

320 votes

You have to get Mutation done in respect to your property. For more information feel free to have a word with me. You may hire a lawyer to do this for you. It should not be a big problem, just collect all your documents together. All the best.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

66 votes

You grandfather died intestate. Without writing a will. Your father have to file a petition under succession act for seeking succession to the flat. You may consult us personally with relevant documents of the flat and death certificate of your grandfather

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles