Transfer of joint property without consent of late co owner's children

If a property belongs to A,A's father and A's uncle.Then after the death of A's father and A's uncle can A gift a part of land to one of his son without consulting his other son, siblings and his uncle's daughter.

Answers (2)

68 votes

A can gift away the land to any body provided restrict to his share only,the total land he could not alienate to anybody else until and otherwise they give their concent deliberately and categorically.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

177 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

If the property which is Self acquired by A along with father and uncle, then he can gift his share of the property to any person or his one of the son, if the property which is not self acquired by the A , which is acquired through his father, uncle and ancestors then A, must have take permission in writing or make parties in gift deed to other sons, siblings, and uncle daughter.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles