Time limit act to take possession of property after 65 yrs court order

In 1945 our grandfather won the case in one of the property. But it is not possible us to take position on that property & some other person is in position in said property also paying tax to that property. But we have 65 year back decree copy which we got from court.so is there any time limitation to take position on that property.....?

Answers (2)

153 votes

the time limit for filing of execution of a decree is of 12 years from the date of decree or when it became finality i.e. if any appeal is preferred the same was decreed. time will start the day the appeal is dismissed

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

63 votes

Dear concerned,
Please inform as to in which year the said person came in possession of the said property. Also inform as to on which date you got the information about his paying the property tax. Subject to the information furnished, you can always seek possession of the said property as the said property is inherited by you. In so far as the limitation is concerned, the same shall strictly depend upon the information provided by you. In cases of adverse possession, the limitation is 12 years. However, every case of possession is not the case of adverse possession. You are advised to consult with all the documentary proofs and other information for further action.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles