Staying in property for 3 generation around 90 yrs. Can they evict us

Our landlord is a lady. We have been staying on rent for 2-3 generations now. Now they are selling the property to someone developer. Now when we went to give rent they denied taking it. Can they evict us forcefully? We don't have any agreement with that respect. We have been staying in the same property for almost 90-100 years now.

Answers (2)

59 votes

This is a settled law that once a tenant is always a tenant.your landlady or new buyer can't evict you forcefully.She/He will have to file a case against your eviction in need to meet your lawyer immediately for making your case strong.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

210 votes

Dear Concerned,

Under the law of the land, normally, a landlord has full right to recover his / her possession from his / her tenant. However, this right is subject to a number of conditions and the actual eviction can be resisted on many grounds which depend on the facts and circumstances of the case. It is not possible for answering your query completely without having vital inputs from you regarding various aspects. You may contact us.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles