Son has forcibly taken Mothers property after fathers death what to do

After my father passed away,my mother was forcibily driven out by youngest brother from her rented house and he has taken over a ongoing residential project owned by mother(plot purchased by her in 1975),he has seized all property and bank documents of mother.She currently staying with me.

Answers (3)

116 votes

she should have filed a police complaint as to mental torture and physical abuse. now property issue being a civil matter, she should send a notice to your brother and the developer and file matter in court and take a stay on the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

223 votes

You first of all go to the police station and lodge a complaint against your btother. If police do not take cognizance of your complaint then you have to lodge a complaint case in court with the help of advocate. You have to approach the civil court also to get injenction order against your brother.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
50 votes

She needs to file complaint to police immediately..
Also file court case to protect the property of the mother..
Also , u will require to take more legal steps and actions to stop your brother from selling the properties

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles