Sister in law asking for share in ancestral property what to do

There is some ancestral property of husband. The property was divided equally amongst father in law and his brothers. After getting the share my father in law expired in 2003. Now my sister in law who was married in 2000 is now claiming share in the property. Does she have right over the property? She is forcefully taking possession of the property.

First of all I need to know where does the property lie! Property laws differ in different parts of the country. She can claim her right in the property as the property is ancestral. I therefore need more details qua the property and current situation.

In the ancestral property every son and daughter has equal right and interest and your sister -in law can claim her share in ancestral property but if she first time claim in 2000 at the time of marriage or in 2003 at the time of death she can not claim in 2016 since it is time bar.