Should i pay the amount of repair or the owner has to?

in our society we are having two different structures in one building 7 storey and 34 flat are there and 30 feet away 5 Raw Houses are there and Building required major Repair 5 raw house is maintain by the owner and doestnot required that major repair but society forcing us to pay the repair amount pl. advice

Answers (3)

183 votes

According to the model bye laws for co-operative societies, the following repairs and maintenance of the property of the society shall be carried out by the society at its costs:
(a) (i) All internal roads, (ii) Compound walls, (iii) External water pipe lines, (iv) Water pumps,(v) Water storage
tanks, (vi) Drainage lines, (vii) Septic tanks, (viii) Stair cases, (ix) Terrace and parapet walls, (x) Structural
repairs of roofs of all flats, (xi) Stair-case lights, (xii) Street lights, (xiii) Outside walls of the
building/buildings, (xiv) Leakages of water including leakages due to rain water and leakages due to external
common pipe line and drainage line, (xv) Electric lines up to main switches in the flats (xvi) Lifts, (xvii) The
damaged ceiling and plaster thereon in the top floor flats, on account of the leakage of the rain water
through the terrace.(xviii) Generators,(xvix) Security Appliances ( CC TV, Intercom, Group Mobile, Siren
Bell) (xx) Rain Water Harvesting,(xxi) Sewerage, Storm water Drain & Water Treatment Plant (xxii) Common
areas not specifically allotted ,Swimming Pool, Gym, Sauna Bath, Coffee House (xxiii) Common Parking
Space (xxiv) Solar and alternate energy resources.
(xxv) Garden (xxvi) Community hall
All the repairs not covered by the above list shall be carried out by the members at their cost. The
expenditure of the internal leakage due to toilet, sink etc. should be borne by concerned flat holders, with the consent of the society.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

291 votes

Need to see the byelaws of your society then only will be able to answer. Normally both owners and society bears 50/50 towards the expenses. Still if you don't agree u can raise your grievances before the registry of cooperative authority.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
165 votes

yes you have to pay the repairing charges for the structure you are residing. As far as row how is concerned it is separate structure and when those row house shall require the repair it will done accordingly.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles