Should a person attend court without receiving court notice

If someone files complaint in court. In how many days notice will be received to my home.suppose if notice is not received. How should I react.that buyer said I have to attend on Feb 6th to court. Without receiving any court notice. Should I have to attend court. Buyer has filed complaint regarding on my land property. We have a deal regarding on my land. He has given token amount of 10000 and wrote on white paper. Later we got some misunderstandings so i said that i wont sale my property to u on that same day.he said ok for that. I said i will transfer token amount to his acount. But now he filed a complaint in court. He is demanding huge amount for that property I have spelled to others. I'm staying in other place. My land is in kurnool.

Answers (3)

As you strongly apprehend a case against you, file a caveat in civil court to safeguard any injunction against the property. In case of complaint, which is filed before police/Magistrate, you shall receive a summon to appear and you are liable to oblige. Send him a Legal notice immediately.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Once you taken a token amount from him rs. 10000 then there is a contract between you,if any one of you breach it then the other may take action through court. if case is filed then summon be issued to you as per the work adjustment in the court

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate,
From : Hyderabad,

Your question is not clear the case which is filed against you is civil or criminal ? what case has been instituted against you in which court. so kindly provide me the Clear and complete information of your case for proper legal advice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Property Registration

4.7 | 291 ratings
Get your property registered through an experienced local advocate
Title Opinion Report

4.8 | 193 ratings
Get a detailed Title Opinion Report by expert real estate lawyers in your city
Draft an Agreement to Sell

4.9 | 94 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Agreement to sell drafted by a local experienced advocate
Property Verification / Due Diligence

4.8 | 421 ratings
Property Verification, Title Search and due diligence conducted by a local experienced advocate
Legal Notice for Delay in Construction

4.4 | 24 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
15 Minutes Property Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 541 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on your Property Matter
Document Review - Agreement to Sell

4.7 | 108 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Agreement to Sell review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement

4.6 | 197 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Sale Deed / Property Purchase Agreement drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Gift Deed

4.3 | 37 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Gift Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Draft a Gift Deed

4.6 | 182 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help - Gift Deed drafted by a local experienced advocate
Document Review - Sale Deed

4.8 | 73 ratings
Review + 30 Min phone call - Sale Deed review by a local experienced advocate
Legal Heir / Succession Certificate

4.8 | 71 ratings
Apply for a Legal Heir / Succession Certificate through a local experienced advocate
Similar questions

My father bought the property in the name of my elder brother when my brother was only 15 years,we are four brothers and now my elder brother force us…

Read More

what is stamp charge if my father transfer home or registree to me…

Read More

Can my son age 20 become nominee in my property.…

Read More

Can daughters claim equal share as sons in parents flat under redevelopment process? The deceased mother has nominated her 2 sons 5 months before deat…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue