Should a person attend court without receiving court notice

If someone files complaint in court. In how many days notice will be received to my home.suppose if notice is not received. How should I react.that buyer said I have to attend on Feb 6th to court. Without receiving any court notice. Should I have to attend court. Buyer has filed complaint regarding on my land property. We have a deal regarding on my land. He has given token amount of 10000 and wrote on white paper. Later we got some misunderstandings so i said that i wont sale my property to u on that same day.he said ok for that. I said i will transfer token amount to his acount. But now he filed a complaint in court. He is demanding huge amount for 10000.now that property I have spelled to others. I'm staying in other place. My land is in kurnool.

As you strongly apprehend a case against you, file a caveat in civil court to safeguard any injunction against the property. In case of complaint, which is filed before police/Magistrate, you shall receive a summon to appear and you are liable to oblige. Send him a Legal notice immediately.

Once you taken a token amount from him rs. 10000 then there is a contract between you,if any one of you breach it then the other may take action through court. if case is filed then summon be issued to you as per the work adjustment in the court

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate,
From : Hyderabad, @lawrato.com

Your question is not clear the case which is filed against you is civil or criminal ? what case has been instituted against you in which court. so kindly provide me the Clear and complete information of your case for proper legal advice.