Selling off 1/9th of share(total 11 cents) to third party

My father has 9 siblings including him.This land is abount 11 cents. There is a case running in the court with an old buyer&it is in our favor.real issue does not lie here.2 of the siblings tried to get the entire land for themselves luring others to believe in the things they said but only my dad knew their intentions&refused to sign in any document.Is it possible to dispose off our share of land to anyone(1 cent). To be noted that none of the siblings will help or buy our share.

Answers (2)

240 votes

Yes. Your father can dispose his undivided share to the third party who is willing to buy it. The intending buyer will be the co- owner of the property. The third party will get all the right in the property as your dad is having now. He can enjoy the property as well. He can buy others share

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

With out providing the proper query and content i can't suggest a opinion.
How the person obtained the land ? IS it Ancestral property or not?
What is relief sought in the case of buyer and your father?
There is any case pending against sibling and your father ?

Please provide the above answer, i will replay you.

If your father had ownership and title/share over the property he can dispose of the same in any time to any one. 1 cent is a mere extent ,so who will purchase the same.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles