Selling of property where utility bills are in name of ex owner

Respected sir my father purchased a bunglow 6 years before.after purchasing he has not registered his name to electricity bill,property tax and water tax his name was registered only to 7/12 uttara. my father expired 2 years befor so therefore i registered my mothers name to 7/12 uttara.but on electricity bill,property tax and water tax their is name is of ex-owner due to we did not registered we want to sell the peoperty 1)will their be any problem because of not registering name to electricybill,property tax or water tax?? 2)what should be done ?

Answers (2)

151 votes

Dear Sir,

You may Sale the property if your name in 7/12 extract. When utility bills not on your name then you need to issue the NOC to new owner (purchaser) on name of Electricity Dept, property tax & water tax for transfer of name from previous owner to new owner excepting you.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

82 votes

First of all, these are very important documents of your property.

Hence, you need to change these documents to your name at the earliest.

Once these documents are changed to you name then their will be no the time of selling and transferring the property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles