Seller asking more money after registration & threatening

One year back I bought a flat in Bangalore from land owner who had development agreement between him and developer.I paid all the money as per sale agreement to land owner and bank that gave the loan to me was mediator.The bank handed him all the amount that was balance through cheque as per sale agreement. When I went to take the flat keys,this person started demanding more money from me & then only will hand over keys.I somehow convinced this person & got one key for interior work.This land owner is a local person,born & brought up in same area.I am from other state.Then parking was allotted to the each flat by developer by the way of lottery.This landowner kept on demanding money & I kept on avoiding him.Now the stage has reached that he is threatening me that if I don't give him money,he will give or sell my parking to someone else.I don't owe money to him,why I should pay.Secondly being local person,he is thinking that he will use his rowdy power to suppress me.Please Advice.

Answers (3)

219 votes


You have informed me that you have already purchased the flat and you have also paid the Consideration as agreed as per Agreement of Sale. You have also informed that you have also informed that you have already received a key.

Please go through your deed of sale and see in the schedule that the car parking also included. If yes, you can approach for consumer court in claiming your car parking that you have paid the amount for that and the developers now refused to give it.

Apart from that, if the agreement clearly specify the car parking, then you can approach civil court and can take injunction restraining the alienation from the builders.

Please proceed immediately.

I hope the consumer forum is the best forum to get remedy as much as early.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes

Hi, It is criminal act by the owner. You can approach a lawyer to file harassment complaint against the person with police to get rid of these issues as early as possible. You can send legal notice to owner asking for clarification on extra payment. He can not take away your parking with out giving you proper notice.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
130 votes

If you have got registered the flat to your name and the parking has also been registered next thing you need to do is to get khata done for your flat. Either after that or even now you can obtain an injunction order from court regard to your parking place. But for facing his rowdism you have to seek help of police.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles