Same stairs in two properties how to solve the issue

Have a combine stair with my fathers cousin brother since 20 years. The property is not ancestral. The combine stair is 8 feet but in that 8 feet 6 feet is ours. We had issues for the stair lot of time. The land belongs to My mother and now me and my mom is planning not to have anymore combine stair with them and put a boundary by breaking the stairs and make a separate stair. My question is if he doesn't allow us put a boundary on the land that belongs to us for the combine stair can I appeal the law and get our land that belongs to us. And please suggest me what to do other than asking me to keep the stairs combine forever.

Answers (3)

313 votes

Send advocate letters ask them to appoint an arbitrator with your mutual consent.Arbitrator are neutral to both the parties. He/she has years of practice.take help from your advocate and appoint the arbitrator. The final judgement of arbitrator will be final upon both of you. Call LawRato for further query
I hope I was able to help

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

154 votes

Dear client,
The basic principal of law says that if the property belongs to you then you can avail order of injunction against them restraining them from disturbing your peaceful enjoyment of property and even if they abide the order of injunction you can file petition under section 151 of CPC for police help for proper implementation of order of injunction

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
200 votes

If the house in question was jointly built by both the parties reffered here , the sanctioned building plan and other documents related documents are to be examined.Normally, common facility spaces can not be disturbed resulting in inconvenience to other party. The suggestion is to thoroughly study building plan documents, property deed including related documents.The feasibility of filing a lawsuit (partition suit) or partition through mutual consent can be decided only after completion of that exercise.
For further instructions kindly contact lawRato.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles