RWA asking fee for transferring name in the society records.

My family bought a flat in a gurgaon society. Now the flat is registered in the family name. But now the RWA asking for 65,000 Rs. for transferring the name in the records of the society. What should i do in such a case?

In relation to your query, I suggest you first step go through and check your society bylaws because it's different from state to state.

Find out whether society has been authorised/power to do so? If there is no provision in the bye-laws of the RWA or society rules, then they cannot do so.

After that if they force you to make such transfer, the legal remedy is to send legal notice to them and ask under which provision you have a right to make such transfer. If they will not reply within 30 days or less, then you file a case before appropriate Court. wherein jurisdiction lies.

In relation to your query, I suggest you first step go through and check your society bylaws because it's different from state to state. I find out whether society has been authorised/power to do so? If there is no provision in the bye-laws of the RWA or society rules, then they cannot do so. After that they force you to make such transfer, the legal remedy is to send legal notice to them and ask under which provision you have a right to make such transfer. if they will not reply within 30 days or less. Then you file a case before appropriate Court. wherein jurisdiction lies.

I need to know in which name the sale deed was executed .was it in the name of all the family members if yes , then there is no need for paying the amount to rwa. You only have to attach the copy of the sale deed with the application with nominal fees .we can apply on your behalf .