Road laid out without permission and public threatening

I have buyed 500 sq yards panchayati land before 2 years .now when i gone to site gov has layed road without my permission. Now i measured it is only 480 sq yards .now i want to build boundry wall but local people are objecting me to leave another 20 sq yards for drainage. Can i what legal action i take to build boundry wall for remaining 480 sq yards. Should i give police complaint on local village people ?they are blackmailing that we will not allow to build Compund wall ,they are saying to leave 20 sq yards . Please advice

Answers (3)

302 votes

you can file a suit for declaration, possession and injunction against the persons objecting and gram panchayat by producing the sale deed in your favour and you can also obtain damages from panchayat for illegal occupation

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

228 votes

This is M.A RAHEEM KHAN Advocate, From : Hyderabad, @

Police cant help you in this matter because it is civil nature, You have to file Suit for injunction against the villagers to restrain them to interfere in your construction of compound wall, If you have tenable grounds then court will granted Ad -interim injunction on same day of filing of the suit or case.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
130 votes

If your sale deed shows that you bought 500sqyds and Panchayat laid road in 20sqyds. you can claim land compensation from the Gram Panchayat. You have to file appropriate application before the Gram Panchayat and also issue a legal notice. Then approach an Advocate in High Court and file a writ petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles