Rights of daughters on father's personal property

Hi.. My wife is younger daughter of my in laws.Her elder sister is married and still staying with my in laws and she is planning to sell the property of her father. Being the daughter can my wife bring a stay order on the selling? Although it's my in law's own property,can he take a call in favour of his one daughter only? Please clarify.. Regards..

Answers (2)

284 votes

Since the property belong to your in law, she is at liberty to sell and alienate the property in whatever manner he wants no daughter can make a difference. If you become sure that your in law will surely deprive your wife, you can start a civil case claiming right and ownership of your wife in the property and try to obtain an order of interim stay, though such proceeding will be vague and may not stand in future but you can kill the time till the demise of your in law. All the best. Regards

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

255 votes

Yes ur wife can claim the share even bring order from court for the same. Although its upon the discretion of court but the formost thing is to be sure that your in laws are alive and not done any kind of deed in favour of their elder daughter.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles