Rights of daughters on father's personal property

Hi.. My wife is younger daughter of my in laws.Her elder sister is married and still staying with my in laws and she is planning to sell the property of her father. Being the daughter can my wife bring a stay order on the selling? Although it's my in law's own property,can he take a call in favour of his one daughter only? Please clarify.. Regards..

Since the property belong to your in law, she is at liberty to sell and alienate the property in whatever manner he wants no daughter can make a difference. If you become sure that your in law will surely deprive your wife, you can start a civil case claiming right and ownership of your wife in the property and try to obtain an order of interim stay, though such proceeding will be vague and may not stand in future but you can kill the time till the demise of your in law. All the best. Regards

Yes ur wife can claim the share even bring order from court for the same. Although its upon the discretion of court but the formost thing is to be sure that your in laws are alive and not done any kind of deed in favour of their elder daughter.