Rights of children of second wife on father's property

We are HINDUS.My father has two wifes.he was died.i am the daughter of second wifew2.first wifew1 have two sons and a daughter.first son was died.daughter married. He will give 5000 per month.he is wasteing the money for his enjoyments from my fathers death.if we ask my mom and my share he says that second wife and his childs has no right on property.will i get my share.my mom has any right on my fathers property.

Answers (3)

198 votes

you have right on the property and you can file suit for partition and separate possession. if the one son died issue less then the one son and two daughters will get equal shares on the property of your father.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

As per law, second wife children have equal right as first wife children. I need further clarification of the matter, as when your father was passed away & if he registered any will prior to his death ?

Regards. Advocate K V N R

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
157 votes

The legal heirs of your father are
a) your father's first wife.
b) 2 Sons and Daughter from first marriage. Since the first son died, his children and wife(if any) will get 1 share.
c) you
totally your father's share will be divided to 5 parts.
your mother(second wife) will not get any share.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles