Rights of a wife on property of her dead husband

27-Apr-2023 (In Property Law)
actually my husband died 2 yrs back & i hv 2 children my in laws stopped supporting me financially after my husband died i started wkg n now i had to shift to my mothers place coz i couldnt support my children need to kw what r my rights over the property owned by inlaws need to consult free coz already burdened vth my expenses
Answers (2)

Answer #1
884 votes
You have equal right in your laws like your husband but unfortunately your husband died though you have total rights of your husband according to tranfer of property act 1882 said that laws definitely support you because of their family childs care by you only so don't worry it is the duty of your husband family supporting you financially otherwise you contact a good lawyer and take immediately action through appropriate court against your husband family.
Answer #2
734 votes
You have not mentioned weather you received any LIC, provident fund, or any other claim as you and your kids are entitle. Your children have right to the ancestral property of the family. The information you provided is too less to give any concrete opinion to you. Its better you get consultation from local advocate nearby you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."