Right of unmarried daughters over father's property

I am christian by religion and scheduled tribe by my caste.question is related to my rights over his property as we stay separated since he married another woman.I stay with my mom and 2 elder sis since years now m 25 yes of age .my father is giving us maintainence of rs 4-5000 only for our livelihood can anybody imagine in this world is 5000 rs for 3 adult girls are enough ? Even though my sisters are in private jobs BT isn't it my fathers responsibility to increase the expense for us to survive..? We need financial help to repair our house cuz there is lack of providence of electricity n water.inspite of getting court's order to provide them he is still ignoring us.

Answers (2)

335 votes

Absolutely, maintenance needs to be enhanced. For that u need to approach the court of law. Before approaching it is advisable that you first get proof of your father's income. Cause on the basis of proved income the maintenance is granted.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

309 votes

Respected questioner,
I wouldblikebtobinform you that you have valid right to file a suit before the appropriate court for enhencementbof maintenance and if second marriage is prohibited then file a criminal case so that in pressure you can claim your legal rights from your father. You all subligs can also claim maintenance from your father. Feel free then call me and give feedback to me.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles