Right of married daughter to claim a share in the property of father

Dear Sir, My father in Law purchased one land property in my wife name and he is no more now. All original documents with my mother in law. Now She saying that there are no rights for that property to my wife because after my father in law died she has registered that property and spend some money. that also from her pension amount. and also she said she will not tel or information about the selling of property to my wife. she added saying that without knowing my wife it can be sell. we are saying you sell the property and share the money to four people. (1, mother in law, 2, my wife, 3 and 4 is wife sisters) b cox it is purchased by Father in law so its all rights to wife and daughters. how to hold the property sales without knowing my wife? Kindly advise us.

It is not stated whether you hold copy of any document evidencing your wife's title over the property. It is not clear if your father-in-law gifted the property to your wife. Apply for a certified copy of the document and also EC for the relevant period from the SRO and verify these facts, first.

As per your statement the property was a self acquired property of your father in law and he can give it to anybody by a will. Find out whether he made any will . If no will is made then the legal heirs will get equal share and it includes your wife ,her sisters and your mother in law .

It is very clear from your statement that the property bought by your father in law out of his funds

Mother in law cannot claim absolute ownership and the same time your wife also has no absolute ownership

The property has to be divided among legal heirs

Without your wife sign the sale deed will not be happened