Right of girl minor child after death of her mother in joint property

Hello.I wanted to know what is the right of a minor girl in the joint property of her deceased mother and maternal grandfather?The property was purchased by maternal grandfather.Now the situation is that father of child demanding property and maternal grandfather don't want to give a portion of property.He is ready to give all property to his grand girl child of deceased daughter.What a grandfather can do in this case where his son in law is blackmailing about same?Can he transfer his deceased daughter's property to minor child?

Answers (3)

80 votes

you have not clarified whether the property was purchased by maternal grand father from his own funds or he got the property in inharitance. if he purchased the property from his own funds he can gift or give the property to any person. but if he get it by inharitance from his forfathers, husband of deceased dauther has shall share along with her daughter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

105 votes

In the case in hand it is not clear that the property has been earned by maternal grand father of the girl or his father and also she is Hindu or Muslim. If property was earned by maternal grand father no person can claim share in that property if property is ancestral as Hindu only daughter means mother of the girl claim if she is not alive and she is only daughter only she has right in the property not her father can claim any share.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
297 votes

She has her mother entire right and if the grandfather has made the property he has the complete right to give it to whoever he pleases... even the child or just the child or not the child .... the rights of a joint family property is not only purchased it is one which is inherited, the specifics of the same are to be seen by the documents an protections are easily put in place.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles