Right of daughter to claim a share in father's inherited property

My father married my mother in 1963 after the death of first wife. From first wife there is one son and one daughter and from second wife we are four brothers. My father expired in 2002. He inherited some land property measuring 10 acres. My step sister (born to 1st wife) married in 1973. Now after a period of 15 years after the death of father she is asking one sixth share in property. I belongs to AP state and as per act made by AP Govt daughters are eligible for property rights since 1985. Since my sister married in 1973 is she eligible for property rights in any way as per existing rules/acts/instructions/supreme court court guidelines. Please clarify

Answers (1)

156 votes

as per your query you all are the coparcenors of the property which was devolved upon your father and your sister shall also your sister shall not be treated as a coparcenor and you can file a suit for partition for claiming your rightfull share along with your brothers

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles