Right of daughter in father's property who deceased in 2010

My mother in law has three sister.her father died in 2010.her mother is biased with her elder daughter and registered a lot of properly in the name of my mother in law's elder sister can my mother in law go to register a case plz guide me

Answers (2)

186 votes

Yes she can as all the daughters have equal right over their father's property. Contact a good lawyer, apprise him about all the facts and relevant papers/ documents and act accordingly as per his advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

157 votes

In father's property , all children irrespective of being son or daughter have equal share, along with their mother. As such your mother in law have equal share at par her sisters and she can institute Title suit. But first you ensure wheather the property is in name of mother in law's father or mother. If the property is in name of mother then she has full right to give it as per her wish

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

We have own house. My husband is having sister & Mother. Both are very dominating and greedy people. Both has raised their hands many times to my …

Read More

Sir, I had a love marriage in 1998,i am a maharshtrian married to a muslim and in the same year my mother committed suicide.the house in which we live…

Read More

my father expired on 4 april 2015. I want to know is it possible for my sister to get the father property ( I have two sister , both of them married .…

Read More

Property settlement deed was made to me by my father unconditonally that is my mentioned a clause that it cannot be revoked in future by him. For the …

Read More