Remedy against unfair demands in offer of possession of property

Hi my builder has raised unfair demands in offer of possession under farmer's compensation, labour cess without mentioning delayed penality. What can be relief claimed under such condition.

Answers (3)

212 votes

Dear client,
The labour welfare cess is required to be made by the builder. But I think you have signed the agreement and you know the content of agreement .
Pay the amount under protest and take possession and get deed registered. After that file a claim case in consumer court and back the said amount with interests.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

74 votes

You may file a criminal complaint at the police station and file a Consumer complaint before Consumer Commission/Forum. You can claim your rightful possession, compensation towards delayed possession along with the legal fees incurred. Please approach the concerned courts at the earliest or the builder/bank may arm twist and file litigation troubling you.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
81 votes

Make a Complaint under RERA or go to consumer Court, alleging unfair trade practice and deficiency in service. You can initiate the process by causing a legal notice to be issued. If the builder doesn't make amends, take the threatened legal action.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles