Rectification of incorrect documents shown against survey number

Hi Sir, I have 3 cents property in Nagercoil and using same Survey number for last 30 years. Now one person purchased near by my area and they wrongly mentioned my survey number. Now I have applied Individual patta for my land. EC shows my name and my survey number. But another person document showing in my survey number. How I solve this issue. Kindly let me know the solution

Answers (4)

303 votes

You better approach the Surveyor to measure the land and mark accordingly. Physical marking is very important or else it will lead into unnecessary litigation. Therefore take steps to measure your land and find out why it is gone wrong.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

If you are sure your Survey No. is correct, you need not worry. It is for the other person to rectify his/her documents. Is there any sub-division of the Survey No., like SF 123/1A and SF 123/1B? In that case, the main Survey No. SF123 will be the same.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
196 votes

You can complain in writing to your area Tehsildar with proof.then he can order to correct it to the VAO with verifying by surveyor.In that petition must enclosed the all of the proofs such as documents,patta,ec,and fmb...!

101 votes

As per your statement you applied for individual patta and EC and it shows your name . But you are saying that another person has got the same number . You can ask the village office how this discrepancy happened and to rectify it ask for a resurvey.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles