Reconstruction on joint property

A 100 sq yards joint property is equally divided 50sq yards - 50sq yrds in delhi but it is not mention on the paper and with no partition deed. I want to reconstruct my 2 story house which is build on my 50sqr yrd area . I want to reconstruct because it is 50 years old . Can i reconstruct my 2 story house again without asking the permission of my co-owner because we have a fight.

Answers (2)

176 votes

No, you cannot do it without the permission of the co owner, however, if you get the permission of the authorities and get the plot divided on papers by the authorities then no permission of the co owner would be required.
Kindly provide me further details so as to enable me to advise you better

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

161 votes

I have perused the contents of your query and would advise you to seek a detailed consultancy from a lawyer having expertise. How the property was divided ??? What is the transaction /title chain of the property

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles