Real Sister wants to transfer property to me. Best manner to do it?

my sister in Canada , have a property in India. Now she wants to transfer it to her real unmarried handicapped sister. I want to know ,she has to pay transfer fee or not? What is the best way to transfer it?

Answers (2)

307 votes

during the course of transfer of the property for valid transfer you have to pay stamp duty according to the transaction deed before the registrar of the area. the stamp duty varies according to transfer deed I.e. sale deed, will , gift the stamp duty is different at different places.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

94 votes

Dear Concerned,

The transfer can be done by her by executing a Relinquishment Deed in favour of her sister. The Stamp Duty for such deed is not very high and in most of the cases is nominal.................................................................

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles