Re- sale of property as buyer not paid remaining payment for property

I sold my property to buyer which was agreed to purchase by him with agreed amount in 3 instalments out of which one is paid by him and backout at the time of second one and send me a legal notice on the day of purchase that there’s some fault in my documents to his reply my lawyer send him all documents clearing his doubt after it’s been 2 year there’s no response from him question is can I sale it to new buyer I found any ?

Answers (3)

252 votes

Dear Querist, It will be important to know whether agreement is registered? I am sure your advocates must have mentioned in the reply to pay the balance amount.
If not give a fresh notice to pay or else will cancel the agreement. Accordingly, cancel the existing agreement to be cautious issue public notice and only then you can sell it further.

Rakesh V. Misar.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

204 votes

Before sale deed had u made agreement to sale or visaar Pavti. Had in agreement you had mentioned the time up to which he should make remaining payment and execute deed? What reply you had forwarded through your advocate? If he is not ready to perform his side within stipulated time, you can sale out to another person.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
213 votes

Hi. Yes absolutely you can sell your property to a new buyer since the first buyer has not shown any interest in your property despite your lawyer having shared all relevant title documents to the proposed buyer. You can refund the amounts so far paid by him and terminate the contract, subject to what is agreed between you and that buyer in any agreement which may be signed by you and him. If there is a clause in your agreement stating that in case the purchaser defaults in making payment of the instalments on the stipulated date of payment despite the seller having complied with all the obligations on his part, then seller has right to terminate the contract and deal with the property in any manner he deems fit. If there is such a clause then you can terminate contract, refund his money and deal with your property as your wish. I'm basing my advice on basis of assumption and would want to see the agreement, if any, between you and buyer, for further advice.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Civil Appeal No. 5823 of 2008. we are the respondents , and the decision came against us without any representation from our side, we need to vacate t…

Read More

Hi sir i have a jointly owned property with husband. Hes paying emi for that and i pay emis more than my salary for loans he forced me to take. I came…

Read More

Hi respected lawyers I am buying a small piece of land in Bangalore.I got to know from my lawyer that publication in news paper citing the land detail…

Read More

Can we get our own land in our possession which used for road purpose by other public in village ?…

Read More