property division among the wife, sons & daughter

My father purchased one building having ground and first floor in Basavanagudi Bangalore. Registered the ground floor under his name and first floor under his wife's ( my mother ) name in 1982. My elder brother doing business and is living with his working wife is ,having a own house in a different village. I am staying in first floor of Bangalore house and working in a private company. My younger brother is doing business in ground floor of Bangalore house, and my mother is living with him. Now my mother has registered the first floor to my elder brother's name. Am I entitled to any share in this property?

Answers (2)

180 votes

Hi sir/madam, your father has purchased the said building and it amounts to self acquired property of your father. Your father has every right to disposal it as he like. If you are married and get the children, you have to file partition suit against your father in the name of your children as natural guardian because of your children are having every right to that property as their ancestral property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

192 votes

Hi, as the property is the self acquired property of your parents so you have no right to claim any share in the property.

2. As the property was registered in the name of your mother she can dispose of the property anybody she wants

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles