Property Distribution among widow of 2 husband & children

Mr. Ram & Mr. Shyam are to Brother Mr. Ram Married with Smt. Reena she gives birth two children name Raju Singh & Ranu Kumari . now Mr. Ram died. Smt. Reena marred with his husband’s younger brother Mr. Shyam who was bachelor now she gives two children Name Sonu & Suresh. Now Mr. Shyam also died. Nobody wants to keep mother with them, how their House & agriculture property should be distributed all ancestors has already died. Can mother distribute the property equal among all 4 children of both the husband (both the husbands ware real brother and the mother is the one) How much property mother can keep with herself? It is the case of Uttar Pradesh. Pl advice

Answers (2)

139 votes

Dear sir/mam,

Hamne aapki query carefully pdi , mai aapse puchna chati hu ki aapki property khandhani hai ydi property khandhani hai to khndhani property mai mai sabka adhikar hota hai ydi propery ram aur shyam ke name thi us property mai after death husband wo property wife ke name hoti hai .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

204 votes

Hi, Ram and Shyam have equal share in ancestral propeerty. After Ram's death, his property will be divided in three equal shares of 1/3rd each to Mrs Reena and two of her children with Mr. Ram being Class 1 legal heirs of Mr. Ram. After the subsequent death of Mr. Shyam, if Mr. Shyam had not taken guardianship of the children of Mr. Ram officially, the property of Mr. Shyam would be divided among his wife i.e. Mrs Reena and two of his children with her equally which is 1/3rd each, unless all the legal heirs agree for some other arrangements. The mother can keep 1/3 + 1/3 of the total ancestral property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles