quesProperty alloted by dda to the father in lieu of land forfeited by gra

If a land is alloted by dda in lieu of a land forfeited by the grandfather then what is the right of grandsons/granddaughters towards the property alloted by dda. And if father sold the property alloted by dda then what is the right towards the cash which received by the father.

  • ansits depend on the status of the property that father receive the property in what capacity testamentary or inherited. if he receive property on basis of will etc. in that case he can sell the property and grandsons can not claim anything. but if father succeed the property after death of grandfather the grandchildren have right in the property and can claim the same.

    Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

      District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

  • ansGrandchildren have rights over the property acquired by the grandfather being an ancestral property and father under law is not authorised to sell it without their consent if they have attained majority.

    land allotted by DDA to grandfather in lieu of forfeited land also falls in the category of ancestral property for grandchildren and law related to it is applicable.

    Advocate Upma Shrivastava

      Supreme Court of India, Delhi

  • ansFacts:
    Land allotted to: Father
    Land allotted by: DDA
    Land forfeited by: Grandfather
    Query: Rights of grandsons and granddaughters

    Answer: The land allotted to the Father by DDA will be self-acquired land and hence, the rights in the same will accrue as per the wishes of the father. Further, in case the land has been illegally forfeited by the grandfather after the death of the father, the grandchildren can file a case on behalf of the deceased father.

    Advocate Mishika Singh

      Lajpat Nagar 1, Delhi

  • Apply For Legal Heir/Succession Certificate With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Property Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am the only child(daughter) of my parents.He was the youngest among 3 brothers. The…
My father purchased a property on pagdi system in 1983, 10 years later previous landlord…

we have bought 1 canal land 10yr ago ,used that land for irrigation for almost…

I have my fathers property. After my fathers death he transferred this property to three…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>