Procedure to transfer deceased father's property to son by a deed

My father deceased in 2016 and left us with will stating that house belongs to his son that is me. Can you please suggest how can i transfer the deed to me now?

Answers (3)

50 votes

the property can be transferred either by appearing before the municipal corporation and if they do not transfer the property then you have to probate your will by filing a suit in the court of law. you can contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

Hopefully the Will is a registered instrument. if not, you can get it registered with the area Sub-registrar now, On registration, you can apply to the concerned authority, i,e, in case of agricultural land with the revenue authority and in case of property developed by a developer then with said developer as well as with the local authority say Municipal Corporation etc., as the case may be. further procedure can be confirmed by the said local authority within whose jurisdiction, your property is situated.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience
215 votes

For getting the will executed you will have to get the same done through mutation in tehsidar office and if they don't do you will have to get the same done through the court by way of filing a civil suit

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles