Procedure to file appeal against the decision made by Panchayat

It is 20 years passed of partition of my family but the house is Registered with my father's name and my brother want to share in that house due to the high price.partition had been done by Panchayat and not by court.In this way I can lose my house of rs.80 lakhs and my family will come on there any solution for protecting my valuable property.that house can be sold only if there will be survey conducted by govt because there is no any record in the govt register.we can sell it because my father is in my side but he will die soon.but due govt survey i'll have to wait.what should I do.

Answers (2)

336 votes

In partition the house in question goes to whome? In favour of your father or in favour of you? If it is in favour of your father or in favour of you and based on panchyat then there will be no issue as decision of panchyat must be written on paper. Under such circumstances, contact a good lawyer so that panchayat decision can be legally validated

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

284 votes

A partition done by panchayat is also as valid as court. If house is in your share, you file an application before circle officer for mutation of property in your favour. With the application, attach the copy of partition.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles