Procedure to claim share in ancestral property after fathers death

My father died 10 years ago. I have a uncle. My grandfather also died 3 years ago. All of the property of my grandfather are under my uncle's name, since my father died and we believed that my uncle will divide the property. But, he is now not willing to divide. What can I do in this case?

Answers (2)

95 votes

In case your grandfather or your father has not made a Will, your uncle cannot keep the entire ancestral property with him as you too have the share in the family property. In case your uncle is not willing to divide the property you can file a case for partition in a civil court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

244 votes

You can file the partition suit in court. Then the court will issue summons to the opposite party. It is your right to claim partition and no can deny that. Whatever property you are entitled to get , you will receive.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles