Procedure on getting property transferred in grandson name

My grandfather and his brother jointly bought land in 1950s in rajasthan. They partitioned it in two plots and made their houses. Now my grandfather have 3 kids, my father and two uncles, both of them live in kolkata. Cut to today we want to build a proper house on that land and want to raise house property loan but we don't have ownership papers. my uncles are ready to give up their share to us but the problem is we don't know how to get property on their name first and then the transfer to our name. All we have is patta of the plot, that too of combined plot of both our grandfather and his brother's part of the land. The reason to find a solution which just lets us have our part of the land without disturbing my grandfather's brother's family.

Answers (2)

83 votes

As per Hindu succession Act after the death of father his children are owner of the property. Your two uncles may executive relinquish deed in favor of your father on that basis you may get the property use as per your choice. For more details please contact.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

304 votes

In this querry you are asking me about transfer of property to you and will tell you that as your grandfather has all legal right to transfer his property to you. You have to do only legal formalities to transfer his property.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles