Procedure in case seller not selling property after earnest money

what to do if seller dont sell his property to buy after having earnest money

Answers (3)

192 votes

If you have entered into agreement to sell, and seller is now backing out from the sale of that property than in that case you have to approach to court and have to file suit for specific perfomance in civil court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

296 votes

Your quistion is not complete . whether there is any written agreement or not, what are the terms and condition of agreement. If you have perforn
med all terms on your part and date of sale if mentioned in the agreement is not expired . you should appear before the Sub Registrar where the sale is to be registered after giving notice to the seller with remaing amout to be paid to the seller, and get your presence mark by filing an application in proof of your willingness and readyness with consideration to execute the sale deed. If the seller do not turn up to get the sale deed exected in your favour , thereafter , you can get the sale deed exected through court by filing a suit for specific performence.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
286 votes

In pursuance to agreement between you and your seller, and if he is not executing registry in your favour after receiving earnest money, you are entitled to file suit for execution of registry through specific performance of agreement to sell at the earliest within the period of limitation, i.e. 3 years.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles