Procedure for name change in the property documents

My father name in land record is ramsingbhai... But in all documents name is mansingbhai.... Grandfather's name is same...my question is how to change name in land record??? What is procedure?????

Your father have to execute an affidavit where you have to mention both name person are same person.
Now you have to give separate application for update the name with on record real name with affidavit to the Tehsildar.

Following is the procedure for Change of name in Land Record

1. Affidavit

> If your Father is Alive

In that case, your father will have to file an affidavit declaring the facts that a person namely Ramsinghbhai and Mansinghbhai are the same person. In evidently the same person is refferred and known with both the names

> Your father is not Alive :

In that case, either the wife or any of the son or daughter will have to make an affidavit in the manner as described above.

2. Submission

After any of the above affidavit is prepared then the person affirming the Affidavit will have to submit the documnets theron supporting the contains of the Affidavit and those supporting documents with the Affidavit shall be submit and produced before the Office of Official gazette at Rajkot, Gujarat State

3. Declared in gazette

After the concerned Gazetted officer while considering the Affidavit and supported Documents, will decide accordingly and subsequently through official Gazette name will be declared.

4. Procedure for name change in Land Record

Once, the name is declared through Official Gazette and after obtaining the same it shall be produced before the Office of Concern Mamlatdar with the detailed Application for changing the name in Land Record and after considering the contentions of your Application to mutate the entry. The Office of Mamlatdar will mutate the entry in the Revenue Record in accordance with law.

Thank you,
Vipul B. Sundesha
Advocate
Gujarat high court