Problems faced by son in purchasing property on son's name

my grand mother named her property to my father before her death and now he wants topurchasde a new property but my aunts are forcing him to purchase it jointly with them or ontheir son's name. will it create problems for me please advise

Answers (2)

222 votes

You father can purchase any property of his choice from his funds or any financial arrangements from his end.You aunts cannot force him to purchase the property jointly in their name or their son's name.
It will be up to your father who will have to take a decision accordingly with his personal preferences.Accordingly, Sale Deeds can be executed with terms and conditions binding upon your relatives.For further discussion, you can contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

252 votes

Hi, your aunt has no right on the property of your father which was transferred by your grand mother to your father. Pls note the property transferred by your grand mother is his self acquired property and she has sole right to transfer the property to any person she wants.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles