×

Parked car outside the shop on road shopkeeper does not allow

I live in a 3bhk flat. Am the owner of first floor and there is a shop of approx size 5X5 feet on the ground floor. There's also a footpath between that shop and the road. Now my question is can i park my car outside that shop? The shopkeeper doesnt allow me to park there and park his scooter there to reserve the place for him but since there's a footbath between it and its a very small shop i think i have every right to park there. I dont have any parking space regardless of that. I need to know does the shopkeeper have any legal right to stop me from parking there and also do i have any legal right to park there?

There is nothing which can stop you from parking your car anywhere on the road. The menace of shop keepers is increasing day by day. Legally you can take action against him for various violations he must be doing . Let me know if you need further assistance

Hello Sir/Madam, yes you have all the rights to park your car and also ask the shopkeeper to park his scooter at the footpath if he has trouble in parking the same . However as per easementary rights he has also all rights to park the scooter, but he has no right to disallow your car to be parked at your doorstep. If he creates nuisance you may simply drop a legal notice to them for the grievances caused to you and in order to avoid any dispute.