Not getting flat possession due to dispute between landlord builder

Booked a flat, builder is not giving possession of flat due to dispute between him and landlord, due to failed agreement between them, now landlord says he wont start new agreement with builder and will make the rest of apartment himself. Not letting builder to work there, project has to be completed by march2015. But not got possession yet, we and 18 other flat owners have given 80% for tolal amount to builder, now if dispute occurs our money seems to be gone. What we can do? How can we get our money back or, the flat possession,

Answers (3)

156 votes

dear client..............
Do not be worried your money wont be gone..........
you will get back money along with compensation or flat...........
need to know the details ...... so kindly do provide me the same so that i can help you in regards
you can contact me .
with regards
Uttam tibrewal

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

There are various procedures you can adopt. But either of two reliefs sought, can only be occasioned through courts of law or police. You need to build up a good case for lodging of criminal case / FIR or consumer CASE. Have u taken possession of the property.
Adv. Ashutosh Anand

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
178 votes

See so far there is inter-se dispute between the landlord and the builder is concerned you have nothing to do you all are concerned with the completion of flat every one is bound by the agreement if the flat doesn't get completed on time as mentioned in the agreement then you all give a notice to the landlord and the builder and clarify the situation there after you see what you want to do Take back the money with interest Or wait till the completion of the flat

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles