Neighbor asked for stay on property which rejected. Later granted.

We built our house my neighbour first go court for claiming 500000 lacs due damage in his house because of my building after that he put one more case for stay on my house not sale the session court dismissed his application.application . The prrson has died after that his son filed stay case the stay was not AllAllowed and I have sold my house after ten days the lower case has given the stay. Now what I have done wrong the stay anout Byers has stope if mine.

Answers (2)

56 votes

The facts of your case are not clear. If the stay by the lower court was granted after you had sold the property then there is nothing wrong in the sale. If the stay was granted prior to sale then obviously this is contempt of court order and you are liable.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

68 votes

Since your matter is already before the courts, i am sure your lawyers have been advising you.

In my opinion, since injunction was granted 10 days after the sale, in such an event date on sale deed shall have relevance to prove that on the day of sale there was no injunction by the court concerned, so accordingly you are not liable for contempt under Order 39 rule 2A.

In the event you may have more questions, you may contact me.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles