Need of consent of brother registered as owner to sell divided propert

Dear Sir,myself belongs Hindu father bought some land on my big brother name atleast 25 years before. Sir land has been divided into our three brothers but land is on my big brother name.Sir I want to sell my part of land for my daughter's marriage but land is on my big brothers name.Sir am I right to sell my part of land without my big brother writings or can I sell my part of land without my big brother writings or permission. Can this be legally right to sell my part of land without my big brother writings ,which has been bought by my father. What should I do ?please give me right and possiable advice because I am a farmer.Sir reply as soon as possible

Answers (2)

345 votes

You have equal share in the property of your father. You can not sell the property since there is no partisan of the property between u and ur brother. You can file a partisan suit in a competent court and pray to restrain ur brother from using the benefits only for himself.The onus is on u to prove that property is ancestral.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

266 votes

Queries of your"s dependents upon your relation with your big brother. If the relationship with your brother is good and cordial then there will be no problem as if it require your brother will sign the sell agreement. But if the situation is different then first get your part of land muated in your name.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles