Nana died without will. Do i have share in that property?

From childhood, me, my brother and mother were staying with our nana and nani. There were some differences between our mother and father. Nana and nani died and my mother is their only daughter. After my marriage i moved out from nana nani's home. Do i have share in that property? The property was self acquired by nana.

Answers (2)

349 votes

Since this property belongs to your nana and in his absence the first legal heir is your nani and in event of your nani's demise your mother will be the legal heir. The property documents like khata can be transferred to your nani's name now. And then she can either make a will or a gift deed in your favour. Then you can directly own the property . But as far as direct inheritance is concerned , you can inherit only after your mother inherits after your nani's demise and after your mom's demise.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

168 votes

Hi sir/madam, I think Nana and Nani is amounts to Grand Father and Grand Mother, if yes, you are having rights and respective share on the said property as legal heir in the form of ancestral property of yours.

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles