My father disowned me, will I not get his property?

Mere pita ne mujhe carcterless batate hue property se alg kiya Kya ab mai ab unki property ki hakdaar nahi..?

Answers (2)

236 votes

Alag kaise kiya i.e., via which document and what is the nature of the property i.e., whether self acquired or ancestral???? Then only it can be said that if he can disown you or not.... for more you can contact me

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

79 votes

Legally speaking if u unmarried then u would be considered to be a dependent of your father and if u do not inherit any property/asset from your father’s estate, u would be entitled, subject to the provisions of the Hindu Adoption and Maintenance Act, 1956 to be maintained by the heirs of your father (that is your siblings)

Popular Property Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles