quesMuslim sibling property dispute

My mother was born out of my grandmoms first marriage. My 2 step uncles out of her second marriage. My grandmom died in 2004, step grandfather died in 2000 and my unmarried step uncle died in 2007. The only 2 heirs are my mother and my married step uncle. The disputed flat in mumbai is solely in my grandmothers name. Despite various attempts my uncle refuses to settle this out of court. What is my mothers legal share as per mohammedan law? What is the best remedy to expedite a positive court ruling. She is a senior ailing citizen n needs the money urgently.

  • ansYou may file complaint under Domestic Violence Act and seek all the relifs she is in need of . This is the fastest remedy available for her. Simultaneously you may file police complaint and also civil suit for declaration and injunction and seek the remedy but it is time consuming so all these legal steps you can opt for.

    Advocate Sagar Kothari

      District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

  • ansthe question is whether the flat in the name of your grandmother is her separately acquired property or is it a part of ancestral property of your step-grandfather?
    in both the cases your mother has right in the property but the share may vary. you can file declaratory suit before the civil court in respect of declaration of right in respect of the said property.

    Advocate Rohit Shaligram

      Sadashiv Peth, Pune

  • Send a legal notice to builder for delay in construction @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Property Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Property lawyers in India

Similar questions

I and my 4 brothers jointly own a property dat my father had bought n…

My grandfather had inherited one shop & my father is running this shop since 1980s,…

The family property of father of 4 daughters is taken by fathers brother. EC is…
The property in the name of XYZ has written WILL to her son ABC and…

Property Lawyers in India

Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

  Supreme Court of India
 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

  Lajpat Nagar 4
 Experience: 24 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly